MyVeronaNJ.com welcomes a dialogue with its readers–as long as that dialogue is open, honest and fair. If you enter a reasonable comment on our site, we’re more than happy to share it. If you don’t follow the rules, your comment will be deleted and commenting privileges revoked. All comments are held for moderation until we verify that the rules are being followed. It’s that simple.
So here are the rules:
- This is a real site, so comment under your real name. If you need to share information and can’t do so under your own name, e-mail it to us at virginia at myveronanj.com. If it checks out, we may use it in a story.
- This is a family site, so keep your language family-friendly. No profanity, insults, attacks on character, ethnicity, race, religion, gender (or pro team allegiances.)
- This is a community site, so be a good neighbor. If you think one of our commenters is not, send us an e-mail.
- This site is about Verona. Keep your comments specific to our town. Don’t use this site as a soapbox for your favorite cause elsewhere.
- This site for Veronans. If you want to comment about events in town, you need to be a resident here. That includes the elections that directly effect us, like Town Council, the Verona Board of Education, and our state or federal legislative districts.
- This is NOT a site for misinformation on any topic, particularly COVID-19. Comments that attempt to misrepresent the virus, the deaths it has caused, or the impact of the vaccines created to limit infections will be deleted from all MyVeronaNJ website and social media properties and commenters may be banned.
And now for the legal fine print: Commenters on MyVeronaNJ.com are responsible for all legal consequences arising from their comments, including libel, infringement of copyright or actions that threaten a third party. By submitting a comment, you are agreeing to indemnify MyVeronaNJ.com LLC and its partners from any legal action arising from your comments. Comments posted to MyVeronaNJ.com’s social media pages in violation of this policy can be deleted and their posters banned or blocked from those sites.