QUESTION ONE: What specific cost-cutting or service sharing tactic from another town would you like to bring to Verona and why?
Kevin Ryan’s response
QUESTION TWO: If you could add one new service to Verona’s budget, what would it be?
Kevin Ryan’s response
I have lived in Verona for over 25 years with my wife Valerie and my son Matthew, a graduate of the Verona public schools. Like many of you, we were attracted to Verona by the highly rated schools, affordable taxes, and reasonable commute to our jobs in New York. I want to continue to work with my fellow residents to keep Verona a highly desirable town and community. Therefore, I offer my time,
experience, and commitment for the privilege to serve on the Verona Town Council.
I believe in our community. I am proud of my service as a volunteer coach in the Verona Baseball League and the recreational soccer program. I was Co-President of the Verona Music Parents Association and a member of the Spotlight Players Parent Association. I learned firsthand how satisfying it is to work with Verona’s dedicated students, teachers, parents, volunteers, and many others in our
What are my professional qualifications?
- 34 years of public service: 32 years with the Social Security Administration, 2 years in the military (Vietnam era veteran), and former Social Studies teacher.
- 13 years as Chief of Financial Management, supervising staff that developed budgets and allocated funds to a network of 150 offices.
- Management training specialist and senior advisor to executives
This experience provides me the analytical skills, knowledge of the budget process, and effective communication skills to be an invaluable asset for our community as a member of the Verona Town Council.
I am running because I care about Verona. At numerous council meetings, I observed the breakdown in communications between citizens and the council regarding rising budget costs. If I am fortunate enough to earn your support, I will commit to:
- Devote considerable time and energy to Council responsibilities. I am a retired public servant but service is still part of my DNA.
- Seek greater transparency by trying to ensure that information on town budgets, expenditures and contracts is available online.
- Treat every citizen with the courtesy and respect they deserve. We can disagree without being disagreeable.
- Look for every opportunity to hold the line on spending and try to reduce costs.
- Make myself available to meet with you and discuss your concerns.
Please contact me at [email protected] or at 973-239-0409.
I value and thank you for your support on Election Day, Tuesday May 10th!!
VOTE LINE 7A! Two Year Term