Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr. announced the upcoming schedule of Coronavirus testing sites sponsored by Essex County. The tests are are being offered to Essex County residents free of charge. To make an appointment, please visit www.EssexCovid.org or call 973-877-8456.
Upcoming testing locations are as follows:
- Friday, October 30, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Essex County Weequahic Park, Meeker Avenue entrance, Newark (Walk up appointments are available at this location.)
- Monday, November 2, 4 to 6 p.m., Essex County South Mountain Recreation Complex, Archery Field, Cherry Lane, West Orange
- Wednesday, November 4, 4 to 6 p.m., Essex County Golf Center, 600 Eagle Rock Avenue, Roseland
- Thursday, November 5, 4 to 6 pm, Livingston Senior/Community Center, 204 Hillside Avenue, Livingston
- Friday, November 6, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Essex County Weequahic Park, Meeker Avenue entrance, Newark (Walk up appointments are available at this location.)
Essex County residents with or without symptoms are encouraged to get tested. Residents age 8 years and older are welcome to get tested. Residents are encouraged to get retested if they have taken the swab or saliva tests 14 days ago or more and have received negative test results. Testing is provided free of charge; health insurance is not required.
To make an appointment, residents should visit www.EssexCOVID.org or call 973-877-8456. They will be required to complete a short questionnaire. When finished, they will be provided with an appointment time and a confirmation number. Residents should bring the confirmation number with them. They are asked to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment. Residents taking the COVID-19 saliva test should not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum 30 minutes prior to arrival.