The First Presbyterian Church of Verona, located at 10 Fairview Avenue, hosted its annual Christmas Workshop on Saturday, December 10. Children played “reindeer games”, built marshmallow snowmen and decorated the church tree.
There are more holiday events in the coming weeks at the church, such as:
- Friday, December 16 at 6 p.m.: Hanging of the Greens. A light supper followed by decorating the church for Christmas and carol singing. Reservations are requested. Please call the church office at 973-239-3561.
- Sunday, December 18 at 10:15 a.m.: The service features the Intergeneration and Chancel Choirs. Guest harpist Robbin Gordon-Cartier will also be performing harp solos prior to the service as well as giving the postlude.
- Sunday, December 18 at 3 p.m.: UpTown Flutes, featuring Verona resident Rebecca Vega, will be giving a holiday concert featuring a variety of Christmas music. This is the third community concert of the year. There is no charge to attend, but a $10 offering is suggested.
- Tuesday, December 20 at 7:30 p.m.: Blue Christmas, a service of worship co-hosted by the First Presbyterian Church and Holy Spirit Episcopal church and held at the Presbyterian Church. This service is for anyone who finds that Christmas can be a challenging time. It is an opportunity to walk away from the chaos and let soft light and gentle music speak to you of healing and the presence of God in your life.
- Saturday, December 24 at 4 p.m.: This early evening service is one of fun for the whole family, where ALL children are invited to participate in the reenactment of the Christmas story.
- Saturday, December 24 at 9 p.m.: This quiet service of lessons and carols will feature the Chancel choir accompanied by flutist Liz Hathaway.
- Sunday, December 25 at 10:15 a.m.: A reflective Christmas morning service will feature violin and flute music provide by Pastor Lynn Rubier-Capron and Liz Hathaway.
- Saturday, December 31 at 5:30 p.m.: Close out the year with a service of hope and renewal. Following the service, supper will be served as the church rings in the New Year a few years early. Reservations are requested; please call 973-239-3561.