The Verona Diner has been a staple on Bloomfield Avenue since anyone can remember. It’s got new ownership, and a whole new approach to feeding Verona. February also saw a Verona resident buy another long-standing area business, a fabulous high school musical production and a big win for high school hockey.
Every month, MyVeronaNJ.com looks at what our readers have been reading, and we let you know if you have to catch up on them. Here’s what you might have missed in February 2016:
- The Verona Diner, Reinvented: Can a burger-and-fries joint learn new culinary tricks? Yes, it can.
- Verona Resident Buys Everything Dance: Lori Frank was driving out for a can of paint when she found a business to buy instead.
- No Break For Real Estate: An Otsego Road property is back on the market after a complete gut renovation.
- VHS Tops State High School Graduation Rates: According to the DOE, we had a perfect graduation rate in 2015.
- HBW Teacher Braves Amazon For Lesson Plans: If you were told to jump in a river full of piranhas, you’d decline, right?
- ‘Drowsy Chaperone’ Wakes Up VHS This Weekend: The show’s name sounds sleepy, but the performances were anything but that.
- Verona Resident Pleads Guilty To Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud: It’s not a good idea to pretend to be the chief operating officer of the Mets.
- Zebrowski-O’Keeffe Engagement: A well-known Verona family has a wedding in the works.
- Rosalind Mehr Krupp, Former VHS Teacher & Avid Gardener: She loved history, and her students loved her for it.
- VGR Defeats MKA, Wins McInnis Cup:
It’s always nice when you can knock off the reigning champs.