PSE&G is closely monitoring the track of the approaching storm and making emergency preparations should it bring high winds and heavy rain to our service territory. At this time, the storm is expected to begin impacting New Jersey late Wednesday and continue through early Thursday morning.
As part of our ongoing efforts to keep customers informed during severe weather events, we are providing the following information in anticipation of the storm:
- PSE&G is scheduling additional personnel overnight to be ready to respond to outages as soon as the strong winds subside and it is safe to work in bucket trucks and other equipment. We work closely with towns and counties to clear roads so that we can respond to outages in a timely manner.
- High winds might cause trees to brush up against power lines, and lightning could strike and damage trees or pole-top equipment. Outages may be caused by falling trees and limbs, which bring down power lines. Downed wires should always be considered “live.” STAY AWAY FROM ALL DOWNED LINES. Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything that it might be in contact with.
- To report downed wires or power outages, customers should call PSE&G’s Customer Service line at 1-800-436-PSEG. PSE&G uses an automated system to handle customer calls as efficiently as possible. Customers who get an automated response when calling PSE&G are encouraged to use it, as it is designed to route their calls to the right destination quickly. The system also provides the option to speak directly to a customer service representative. If you have specific information regarding damage to wires, transformers or poles, we ask that you speak with a representative to provide that information.
- Customers with a handheld device, or who are at an alternate location with power, can also report power outages and view the status of their outage by logging in to My Account at pseg.com. General outage activity information, as well as safety tips, can be found at pseg.com/outageinfo.
- You can also follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/