Advent begins on December 2, and with it, several Advent activities at the Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit. Here’s what’s happening, and how you can participate:
- Saturday, Dec. 1: Verona’s Fair in the Square. Holy Spirit is serving up a hot chocolate bar, handing out Advent Calendars and making Advent wreaths in the Church from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 2: The First Sunday of Advent is an intergenerational service at 9:30 a.m.
- Mondays, Dec. 3, 10, 17: Practice for Holy Spirit’s Annual Christmas Pageant. Bring your little angels, shepherds, and kings to the Church at 3:15 p.m. Speak with Chrystine Gaffney at 201-247-7726 for more information.
- Tuesday, Dec. 4 – All are welcome for a quiet candlelit Advent service with Taize chant and healing prayer at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 23 – Holy Spirit’s Annual Christmas Pageant during the 9:30 a.m. service.
The Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit is a Christ-centered church that welcomes and includes all people; worships and learns as a community; encourages individual growth and participation; and shares its gifts with others. The church is located at 36 Gould Street across from the middle school field and draws members from many diverse communities. For more information, contact the church at 973-239-2850 or by e-mail.