If you are in need of purging extras in your home, this upcoming event may be just right for you: the Hillside Winter Swap, at Hillside School in Montclair. It’s free and open to everyone. Just as the name says, it’s an event to both drop off unwanted items as well as to peruse the inventory for something you might need. If you have nothing to donate, but just want to shop, that is an option as well.
The Hillside Swap takes place on Saturday, January 28 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Donations can be dropped off on Friday, January 27, after 3:40 p.m.
If you have questions, please contact Jane Marcus via email.
- Adult’s and children’s clothing
- Coats and jackets
- Sweaters sweatshirts
- Shirts and blouses
- Skirts and dresses
- Shoes and sandals
- Soccer balls, cleats, shin guards
- Rollerblades and rollerskates
- Mitts, balls and bats
- Hockey gear
- Lacrosse gear
- Strollers and highchairs
- Baby swings and bouncy seats
- Portacribs and exersaucers
- DVD’s, videos, CD’s, adult and kids books
- New toys unopened (or taped shut) games and puzzles
- Computers or printers
- Computer manuals or text books
- Car seats, booster seats, potties or full-sized cribs
- Skis or bikes
You do not have to donate anything to take things. But if you are making donations, everything must be in very good condition. This means it looks like something you would put on yourself or your own child, or want your child to play with. Hillside School is located at 54 Orange Road in Montclair. If you are dropping off donations between 3:40 and 4 p.m., please enter on St. Lukes Place.