CHILD, Inc., a Verona non-profit organization, is seeking a Verona resident for the temporary position of Reading Room Assistant.
This is an ideal position for a mature high school or college student on summer break. This individual will work at the Verona Pool Monday through Friday from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. from June 27 through July 29, with July 4 off.
- Engaging children from preschool age through 8th grade in reading by signing them up for the Reading Room program and guiding them through the Reading Room book collection;
- Assisting the Reading Room Supervisor with story-time hour, daily projects and activities for the children;
- Facilitating Author Visits (e.g., answering their questions, assisting them with presentation materials);
- Set up and break down of the Reading Room site (e.g., rolling book carts to tables, setting up umbrellas, returning books to storage at the end of each day);
- Maintaining records of readers (e.g., participant names and contact information).
To qualify for this position, you should have a love of reading, enjoy working with children of all ages, and exhibit a helpful, can-do attitude. To apply, please e-mail Norma Francullo. For more information about CHILD, please visit its Web site. For more information about the NJ Reading Program, please visit www.njsummerreading.org.