If the warmer weather has inspired you to try something new, a knitting class or project may be just the thing. I’m one of a handful of knitters I know in Verona, and if you’ve been looking for an opportunity try something new, Stix-n-Stitches may have just the class for you. While some of the classes are underway, it’s worth a call to the store to check availability if you are looking to pick up those needles.
Your First Sock!
Socks make great portable projects and once you finish your first pair of baby socks, you can use the same pattern to make them in almost any combination of yarn weight and foot size you’d like!
Participants in the class must be able to knit and purl, but do not need prior experience using double-pointed needles.
This class is for a maximum of 6 students. Class will be held on Saturday, March 26, 2011 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Class fee: $35.
If you are not a new knitter, but have a project you are working on and would like help, then the Project Class could be just right for you. Join the staff at Stix N Stitches for two hours on a Tuesday or a Sunday. All students will work at their own pace. This class is not for new knitters. Participants do need to have basic knitting skills. Interested?
Attendees can purchase four dates for $50 or one session for $15. The Tuesday dates are: March 8,15,22,29 and teh Saturdays are March 6,13,27 April 3. Times for both options are from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. There is a maximum of five students per class so if you are interested, please call for availability.
As per the staff of Stix-n-Stitches, there are a few House Rules:
- Pre-payment/Pre-registration is required.
- No reservations accepted without payment.·
- If you need to cancel, notify us as soon as possible.
- Your registration fee is refundable if and when your spot is filled.
- If a class is cancelled by stix-n-stitches, registration fees will be refunded.
- If the weather is bad, call us to confirm. We will reschedule if a class is cancelled due to inclement weather.
- Yarns used in the class must be purchased at stix-n-stitches.
- Many classes require purchase of materials in advance. See class descriptions for details.
- Private knitting and crocheting classes available. Please call 973-744-3535