MyVeronaNJ.com published more than 1,600 stories last year. They’ve been read, e-mailed and sent around on social media sites hundreds and thousands of times. But 10 stories stood out as our most-read stories for 2010. Here they are:
- Who’s #1 In The Class Of 2010?: A look at how Verona High School chose its valedictorian.
- Vote Now In Our Halloween House Contest: Who knew that holiday decorating could be this competitive?
- How The Claremont Diner Got Its Cheesecake: For decades, Verona was known far and wide for one amazing dessert.
- Life Is ‘Jerseylicious’ For Verona Salon Owner: Verona has been a hotbed for reality TV stars.
- Crossing Guard Hit By Pickup Truck: Sid Lichter’s serious injury was a stark reminder for traffic safety.
- No Lazy Days For Model Swimmer: Verona’s kids succeed in and out of school.
- Verona’s Tea Party? Anger at property taxes and the revaluation boils over.
- Obituaries: Robert G. Ball: Bobby was one of more than four dozen Veronans who passed away this year, some much too soon.
- The Last Picture Show: Verona has lots of actors, but the closure of Cinema 23 made it harder to see them on a big screen.
- Carver Brings Climbing Tree To Life Again: A surprising artisan salvaged memories of a tree that delighted generations of Veronans.
Home page photo by Sam Churchill via Flickr