It is Thanksgiving, and across Verona, families, friends and neighbors will gather to eat, celebrate and give thanks. It’s a safe bet that the words we utter today won’t be exactly like what the Pilgrims said so long ago; in our part of the world, we no longer think of harvests as being scarce and uncertain. But there are times when our economy today feels as harsh as the Pilgrims’ likely did.
As Verona residents, we at MyVeronaNJ.com are thankful for many of the same things that you are: For sparing Verona the worst of this awful economy (though certainly not all) and for having family, friends and neighbors here who help make even tough times manageable. We are thankful for the teachers who shape our kids in the classrooms, and for the coaches, activity leaders and volunteers who shape them in so many other ways. We are thankful for everyone who helps make this a safe community in which to live.
But we at MyVeronaNJ.com are Verona business owners, too, and we have a separate list of thanks for that:
- We are thankful for our families, who gave us the space and support to create this new business;
- We are thankful for the Verona residents who have joined us as writers and photographers;
- We are thankful for our readers, who now think of us as an essential part of their day;
- We are thankful for our community, which has shared ideas, stories, photos, videos and songs with us and all our readers;
- We are thankful for our advertisers, who have decided that we are the right way to reach their customers.
We look for an even more bountiful harvest of news in the year ahead.