Beginning next week Stix-N-Stitches in Montclair is teaching a crochet class. Students will learn the basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet as well as increasing, decreasing, and the importance of a gauge. Those who attend the class will be way ahead of me. With knowledge of these basic stitches one can advance to using many of the fancy crochet stitches which are made using these basic stitches. Instructors will also teach participants how to read written patterns and a simple symbol pattern. This class would also be great for knitters (like me) who would like to learn how to incorporate crochet edgings in their knitted pieces, something I currently cannot do.
You will need: a crochet hook, H, I or J and worsted weight yarn. If you are not sure of what these items are, go to Stix-N-Stitches and the staff there can help you with your materials.
Class dates are as follows:
Wednesday Oct 27th – 10am-12pm
Sunday Nov 7th – from 12pm-2pm
Fee: each class is $40.00
To register, please call the store at: 973-744-3535
A few house rules…
* Pre-payment/Pre-registration is required.
* No reservations accepted without payment.
* Payment must be made by check or cash directly to the instructor.
* If you need to cancel, notify us as soon as possible. Your registration fee is refundable if and when your spot is filled.
* If a class is cancelled by stix-n-stitches, registration fees will be refunded.
* If the weather is bad, call us to confirm. We will reschedule if a class is canceled due to inclement weather.
* Yarns used in the class must be purchased at stix-n-stitches. No exceptions.