Yes, promising to lose weight and exercise more in the new year are lovely thoughts, and we have resolved to do just that at least once or twice in the past. But as we look at our new venture, MyVeronaNJ.com, and our community, we find there are other things we ought to commit to doing in 2010. These are our resolutions, but if you want to make them yours, we’re happy to share.
1) Ask more questions. And get more answers.
2) Get more of you on our sites. Dozens of you visit us daily here, and we’ll top 600 Facebook fans soon. But we’re aiming for ever more involvement in our sites–comments, tips and Twitter tweets, too.
3) Post more pictures. We want your sports photos and videos, too! We resolve to become masters of our YouTube site.
4) Improve our new calendar page. We want everything that’s happening in town on it, and make it downloadable to you.
5) Ask our neighbors to drive the speed limit. And put down their cell phones while doing so.
6) Ask the people who drive through Verona to drive the speed limit. And ditch their cell phones, too.
8) Recycle more. And waste less. It’s easy to get those recyclables up to Commerce Court, and you can earn Verona a few bucks in the process.
9) Shop locally more often. Downtown can be more dynamic if we want it that way.
10) Cherish the Climbing Tree. And if we can’t keep it forever, plant a tree that future generations will talk about.